Today I wrote my first draft for my university statement. Mostly a load of bollocks, but hey, you've got to sell yourself, right? (After re-reading I can see how dodgy that sounds - but you get the gist)
I think it came out okay, quite short and simple, I kept it to around 400 words and focused mainly on why I'd love to do history, and tied a few links back to my family and how they lived under communist rule before coming to England.
I took a look around the net to see other people's statements, and Christ almighty, I metaphorically shat myself in class. It's hard to believe the quality and standard of some of them. It was quite an eye opener, for the first time I saw exactly the kind of competition I was up against.
My main concern right now lies with the question of whether I'll be able to achieve the grades I need. I'm aiming to get a C C C in my three subjects - that should allow me a chance to get into a few unis, but even getting that mediocre C is a worry.
Stressful times, for real.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice chilled out afternoon tomorrow. Providing I can stay out of trouble and get there on time, I should be able to leave college at around midday. If so, I'll head over to the club with the boys and play pool till evening, then pick up some weed and a few drinks and relax at home.
It's been one fuck of a stressful week, and it isn't about to get any easier.
Take care yall!
I think it came out okay, quite short and simple, I kept it to around 400 words and focused mainly on why I'd love to do history, and tied a few links back to my family and how they lived under communist rule before coming to England.
I took a look around the net to see other people's statements, and Christ almighty, I metaphorically shat myself in class. It's hard to believe the quality and standard of some of them. It was quite an eye opener, for the first time I saw exactly the kind of competition I was up against.
My main concern right now lies with the question of whether I'll be able to achieve the grades I need. I'm aiming to get a C C C in my three subjects - that should allow me a chance to get into a few unis, but even getting that mediocre C is a worry.
Stressful times, for real.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice chilled out afternoon tomorrow. Providing I can stay out of trouble and get there on time, I should be able to leave college at around midday. If so, I'll head over to the club with the boys and play pool till evening, then pick up some weed and a few drinks and relax at home.
It's been one fuck of a stressful week, and it isn't about to get any easier.
Take care yall!

No comments:
Post a Comment