As I mentioned previously, today was my first day back at college after a two week break, and our task for the next two days is to get our heads around the concept of university next year. Researching different unis, preparing statements, having talks from university lecturers and talking to students who have just finished their first year at university.
I wasn't really into it at first to be honest. I had a rough night, woke up late and walked in halfway through the first presentation to the usual shrugs and sighs of the teachers who where used to seeing me turn up late.
After a lot of research, I began warming up to the idea of university life next year. To be honest, more so at the fact that I'd be able to go and live in another part of London, or maybe even the country for a few years.
My main concern is if I'll be able to get the grades needed. Usually three C's are enough to get you into a decent university. That's what I'm aiming for. Seriously doubting whether I can achieve it or not.
But if there's one positive I can take from today it's that I've made my mind up about what I'd like to take at university. I'd never really been sure, but now I'm pretty much certain history is what I'd like to study.
And fuck, those sleeping pills last night were nutty - I was still awake around midnight, everything I'd look at would begin to melt and move around. Some real psychedelic shit. Fuck knows if those pills are even legal in the UK. I doubt it.
I wasn't really into it at first to be honest. I had a rough night, woke up late and walked in halfway through the first presentation to the usual shrugs and sighs of the teachers who where used to seeing me turn up late.
After a lot of research, I began warming up to the idea of university life next year. To be honest, more so at the fact that I'd be able to go and live in another part of London, or maybe even the country for a few years.
My main concern is if I'll be able to get the grades needed. Usually three C's are enough to get you into a decent university. That's what I'm aiming for. Seriously doubting whether I can achieve it or not.
But if there's one positive I can take from today it's that I've made my mind up about what I'd like to take at university. I'd never really been sure, but now I'm pretty much certain history is what I'd like to study.
And fuck, those sleeping pills last night were nutty - I was still awake around midnight, everything I'd look at would begin to melt and move around. Some real psychedelic shit. Fuck knows if those pills are even legal in the UK. I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment