All I hear is royal baby this, royal baby that. So there I was yesterday evening, eating dinner and catching up on EastEnders on my laptop whilst the TV was on - and every news channel was focused outside the hospital in which Kate and William were set to jump out of with this never seen before spectacular human being.
Whilst I sorely watched them wave at the camera, lapping up attention, I started to wonder why the Royal Family are so loved and focused on by the media - and it seems - much of the general public. The Queen has next to no power, is wasting taxpayers money on lavished dining, holidays and other frivolities. The only thing they bring to us, you may argue, is tourism. Although, from all the places I've traveled around the world, particularly in Mediterranean countries, they actually snigger at us English for our devotion to the Royal Family.
Hey, if you want to love them, that's fine, just remember while many of us are struggling to hold down a job, the Queen is getting a £5 million bonus every year. The money isn't my issue though, it's what she's doing, or should I say, not doing, to earn it.
The worst, and in my opinion, most shocking part of it all, was when the news reporter commented on how difficult Kate may have found labour, and the difficulty in raising a new born child. Well let me tell you something love.
My mother came here from Albania with my father when I was a baby. He soon returned and left her here on her own with me. Living in a shitty council flat, having to get food stamps, and searching day and night for a job to support her son. That, love, that, is what you call difficult. Kate will have every help on the planet to raise that child, so calling it 'difficult' is a disrespect to mothers, like mine, who genuinely struggled.
At the end of the day, it is what it is I guess. He'll grow up to eventually be the King, and never truly understand the real world around him.
Rant over.
Whilst I sorely watched them wave at the camera, lapping up attention, I started to wonder why the Royal Family are so loved and focused on by the media - and it seems - much of the general public. The Queen has next to no power, is wasting taxpayers money on lavished dining, holidays and other frivolities. The only thing they bring to us, you may argue, is tourism. Although, from all the places I've traveled around the world, particularly in Mediterranean countries, they actually snigger at us English for our devotion to the Royal Family.
Hey, if you want to love them, that's fine, just remember while many of us are struggling to hold down a job, the Queen is getting a £5 million bonus every year. The money isn't my issue though, it's what she's doing, or should I say, not doing, to earn it.
The worst, and in my opinion, most shocking part of it all, was when the news reporter commented on how difficult Kate may have found labour, and the difficulty in raising a new born child. Well let me tell you something love.
My mother came here from Albania with my father when I was a baby. He soon returned and left her here on her own with me. Living in a shitty council flat, having to get food stamps, and searching day and night for a job to support her son. That, love, that, is what you call difficult. Kate will have every help on the planet to raise that child, so calling it 'difficult' is a disrespect to mothers, like mine, who genuinely struggled.
At the end of the day, it is what it is I guess. He'll grow up to eventually be the King, and never truly understand the real world around him.
Rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment