Sunday, 7 July 2013

Summer Has Arrived

And it's about time to! The temperature hit 30 degrees, and so I hit the balcony with a pack of cigarettes and some of my favorite tunes from my holiday in Italy last year. Reminiscent bliss, all while getting a tan.

This weekends been great, the weekdays before that, not so. The reason for a lack of updates for a few days now was due to me being kicked out of college for three days, awaiting a meeting about my 'future' at the college. I found out on Tuesday morning, picked up some herb, and basically spent three days constantly stoned contemplating the meanings of life. But anyway, Friday came around, and the meeting resulted in me having to write a formal letter of apology. Are they fucking serious? God, I suppose if it means continuing my education I guess it'll have to be done. And instead of doing it, I'm here, typing this. I'm supposed to hand in this letter tomorrow, and I know for sure I'm not getting it done tonight. Fuck it.

Even more annoyingly is that I've had to put down my studies on Marxism because I've managed to get my old job back - which is pretty much going to consume every second of free time I had. Back to manual labour with a small building firm. Minimum wage, but hey, money is so tight that even getting this little extra helps - especially if I can save up till October and get myself a little trip back to the old country.

And so life goes on. But I'm starting to get the feeling that there's more to life than the constant ring of work, study, drugs and partying. Maybe not.

I feel that I might as well share what's been on my mind recently. My brain is very... interesting. I've finished exams, got my old job back, summer is here, and so you'd think I have little much to worry about, right? Wrong.

I've been single for nearly a year now, and haven't looked back once. But it's starting to keep coming up in my thoughts. I mean, fair enough, man can live on good mates, hard drink and the occasional Friday night slut, but I've grown beyond that now. Honestly. I'm thinking about the future. And I'm yet to talk to 'the girl across the road', as my mates have now become accustomed to calling her when taking the piss. Next opportunity I get. Definitely.
 

God damn, this is turning into an essay.

I had not intended to write that much. I guess this blog helps me clear my thoughts more than I had previously thought. If you've gone through that whole block of text, I salute you.

Peace and blessings to all, see you at my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment