Well, I never thought it would actually come to this, but David Cameron has taken the decision to block porn from all internet service providers, unless the customer chooses to 'opt in'. According to Cameron, porn is 'corroding' the youth of today. Interesting. As the leader of our country, I would have thought he has more urgent issues to deal with then playing the big man on the internet.
But anyway, here's my two cents on the whole thing.
As a younger teenager growing up, I can say quite confidently that me andmost - no, scratch that - all of my friends would watch it from time to time. Since the age of technology and the internet, that's mainly how it's been. And to be quite frank, porn teaches a lot more than these so called 'sex education' lessons. Families already have hundreds of programs to filter out adult content, so I don't think a nationwide ban was really necessary.
But let's be blunt. It's the year 2013. Cameron is either ill advised or plain retarded (my guess is both) if he thinks this will work. It's a lost battle before it's even started. I can promise you right now, that if people want to find it online, they will. It will still be up there, just a different method of finding it.
Anyhow Mr Cameron, in your infinite wisdom, I do wish you luck in your plans for a porn-free country, your going to damn well need it.
Jack signing out here.
But anyway, here's my two cents on the whole thing.
As a younger teenager growing up, I can say quite confidently that me and
But let's be blunt. It's the year 2013. Cameron is either ill advised or plain retarded (my guess is both) if he thinks this will work. It's a lost battle before it's even started. I can promise you right now, that if people want to find it online, they will. It will still be up there, just a different method of finding it.
Anyhow Mr Cameron, in your infinite wisdom, I do wish you luck in your plans for a porn-free country, your going to damn well need it.
Jack signing out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment